If you think a dinner and a movie is an acceptable first day, you may be in for a bit of disappointment. A first date is meant to be a get-to-know-you kind of date. How, exactly, are you supposed to get to know someone if half of the movie you’re staring at a screen unable to talk? Sure, you may have the chance to talk but… Sometimes it can be a little distracting to talk to someone while they are shoving food into their mouths. Here are some unique first date ideas that will surely make an impression on your date.
- Volunteer for a Good Cause. While it may not sound like the most romantic things to do on a first date, it does show a softer side to you. You’re giving back to your community, you’re able to do something physical, and it’s a great way to let your date know what causes you stand for. If the date doesn’t end well, at least you can say you did something good for the community. That’s a plus!
- Call out from work and go on a picnic. Yes, you could go on a picnic on the weekend when you don’t have to go to work, but if you go to the park in the middle of the week there is less of a chance of the park being crowded with people. Plus there’s a bit of a thrill of calling work sick when you clearly are not.
- Go on a bike ride around your city and stop at unique attractions. This is a fantastic date especially if either you or your date are new to the area. This will get you to see the city and all the unique little shops, attractions, and restaurants that make your area special. On your bike ride, you can stop at a park or along the water front (if you live by the water of course) and watch the sunset. Awwww.
- Take a Class Together. One great way to be flirtatious and learn something about one another is to take a class together. Some top ideas are cooking classes and dancing classes. Art classes are also pretty popular among daters.
- Purchase Disposable Cameras and Take Pictures All Over the City. This is a fun idea if both you and your date are on the artistic side. Once the cameras are full, take them to a one hour place and get them developed. Then once they’re developed, you can go out to dinner or somewhere quiet and go through the photos and chat about the things you saw and the inspiration behind each photo.
- Have Your Fortunes Read. Not everyone believes in psychics, but it doesn’t make the experience any less fun. Take your date to a fortune teller (tarot card, palm reader, or the conventional fortune teller with a crystal ball… any one will do). Once your fortunes are told, you can go for a walk and discuss the results of the readings.